The Hampton Roads Great American Cleanup event will now be held September 18 and 19th. We look forward to seeing you!
The Great American Cleanup is an opportunity to transform your neighborhood and community into beautiful, healthy spaces. Beautiful places are environmentally healthy, socially connected and economically sound. They’re better places to raise families, start a business or go to school.
What: The Hampton Roads Great American Cleanup event is a two-day effort to remove litter and improve community appearance across all 17 cities and counties in the region. Community beautification projects include:
- Removing litter from roadsides, neighborhoods, beaches, waterways, and parks for cleaner communities
- Planting trees, flowers and community gardens to strengthen green infrastructure
- Restoring nature trails, parks and playgrounds to encourage outdoor activity
- Recycling old or unwanted items junking up your home or yard
- Restoring business districts and thoroughfares to encourage economic development
When: Friday, September 18th and Saturday, September 19th. There will be some pre-planned events to join, but due to social distancing guidelines, we are encouraging volunteers to lead neighborhood cleanups with smaller groups in a spot of your choosing. Supplies and support may be available from your local Clean Community Coordinator.
Who: Everyone has a role to play in keeping Hampton Roads beautiful. YOU can make a difference in your community.
How: Simply complete the form below and let us know how you plan to Team Up 2 Cleanup!
- Volunteers will be connected with a Team Up 2 Clean Up Clean Community Coordinator for assistance with proper safety protocols, available supplies and reporting your cleanup results.
- Sponsorships are available at differing dollar amounts to help support clean communities in Hampton Roads and across the state. Proceeds will benefit Keep Virginia Beautiful and litter prevention efforts in Hampton Roads. Questions about sponsorship? Send questions to Mike Baum, Executive Director of Keep Virginia Beautiful, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for the Great American Cleanup taking place on September 18th and 19th!
Sign Up to Be a Part of the Great American Cleanup
We’re sorry, registration is now closed. If you are hosting your own cleanup, you can submit your results via email to email@example.com. If you would like more information about upcoming cleanups, please contact your Clean Community Program Manager listed below.