We’re all about getting your “learn” on.
That’s why askHRgreen.org offers environmental education mini grants of up to $500.
Our mini grant program is intended to provide funding for environmentally-themed projects and may be used to fund a portion of or an entire project. Acceptable topics for your projects are listed below.
TOPICS FOR YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION GRANT All Hampton Roads school teachers (K-12), youth leaders, or organizations working with youth are eligible to apply. All projects should be specifically tied to one or more of the topics below:
- Waste Reduction
- Water Conservation
- Recycling and the 3 Rs
- The Water Cycle
- Source Water Protection
- Litter Prevention and Cleanups
- Reuse or Upcycling Projects
- Watershed Education (as it relates to drinking water)
- Native Plant and/or Pollinator-Friendly Gardens
- Waste or Water Audits
- Waterwise Landscaping
- Fats, Oils, and Grease Disposal and Recycling
- Properties of Fats, Oils, and Grease
- Impacts of Fats, Oils, and Grease on Wastewater Systems
- Flushables and Healthy Drains
There is no deadline for applications.
Applications are accepted year round as long as funding is available. Applications submitted by the 15th of each month will be responded to by the 15th of the following month. The school principal or organization’s director must review and approve the application before it is submitted.
Ideas, project examples and all the details are here. We look forward to seeing your application! askHRgreen.org is your resource for all things green in Hampton Roads. Please come back again and again!