Your go-to resource for everything green in Hampton Roads!
askHRgreen.org is a public awareness program of the 16 cities and counties of Hampton Roads administered through the Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC), which encourages environmental stewardship among all residents here in southeastern Virginia. Members of askHRgreen.org include the cities of Chesapeake, Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg; the counties of Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Southampton, Surry and York; and the Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD). Find out more about askHRgreen.org.
"Posted on December 6, 2013 by Guest Contributor
Reducing your water use does not have to be complex or time consuming. In fact there are many little changes you can make that can save lots of water. Here are three simple ways you can reduce the wa Read more...
"Posted on December 5, 2013 by Rebekah Eastep
Don’t let your neighborhood go to the dogs! Hampton Roads residents can now apply for a free pet waste station through a new grant program offered by askHRgreen.org. Geared toward property managers, Read more...
"Posted on December 3, 2013 by elizabethvaughn
Plastic bags are everywhere. And they cause all sorts of environmental issues. Unfortunately, they’re very hard to avoid. Sure you can choose a reusable bag over a plastic grocery bag (althoug Read more...
"Posted on December 2, 2013 by Guest Contributor
Glen McClure, a Norfolk photographer, recently began shooting impressions of the Lafayette River. Shooting from his back porch, he captures impressions of the river and the beautiful reflections that Read more...
"Posted on November 26, 2013 by Katie Cullipher
Wondering what to do with your naturally-grown Christmas tree after the holiday? Why not turn it into mulch! That’s what most Hampton Roads localities do with live trees that are placed curbside or Read more...
- Shopping centers now have a way to benchmark #energy use with @ICSC’s newly launched Property #Efficiency Scorecard http://t.co/xojwFPYOjb,
- Since 1970, each year saw an increase in # of miles driven by Americans. Now the trend is reversing http://t.co/hvasUfphcc #energyefficiency,
- READ: Will American infrastrucure be able to keep up with growing demand for public transportation? http://t.co/hvasUfphcc #energyefficiency,
- INFOGRAPHIC: Cost of 12 days of xmas gifts. We’ll have less pricey #energy-efficient ideas for gifts in coming weeks http://t.co/ff4JHeOCOL,
- Latest @FERC rulings give opportunity to new electricity grid #energy storage technologies http://t.co/BLwpj98LXf #energyefficiency,
9 Dec 2013
13 Dec 2013
14 Dec 2013
14 Dec 2013
16 Dec 2013