Your go-to resource for everything green in Hampton Roads!
askHRgreen.org is a public awareness program of the 16 cities and counties of Hampton Roads administered through the Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC), which encourages environmental stewardship among all residents here in southeastern Virginia. Members of askHRgreen.org include the cities of Chesapeake, Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg; the counties of Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Southampton, Surry and York; the town of Smithfield and the Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD). Find out more about askHRgreen.org.
"Posted on October 28, 2014 by Guest Contributor
Every year, residents and businesses throughout the region celebrate the coming of Fall with the annual ritual of raking leaves. It is also a great time to prune trees and shrubs for winter. But the q Read more...
"Posted on October 24, 2014 by John Deuel
I often wonder about the “tipping point” when people realize they have too much litter around their community to be acceptable or tolerated any further. Most of us reach that threshold of tolera Read more...
"Posted on October 20, 2014 by Guest Contributor
Although the changing technology of today has made our lives easy and comfortable, the same has led to a negative impact on the environment. However, we can help change this negative impact to a posit Read more...
"Posted on October 17, 2014 by Guest Contributor
When you walk through the produce section of a grocery store, it's always the same view once you get to the apples. Large, glistening orbs of pristine red, yellow and green apples are neatly piled on Read more...
"Posted on October 16, 2014 by Production
This past Monday, askHRgreen.org and Keep Virginia Beautiful hosted the inaugural Keep Hampton Roads Beautiful Golf Tournament at Greenbrier Country Club in Chesapeake. As the local go-to resource fo Read more...
- Grab some medical scrubs from a thrift store for a doctor costume. Donate them back when done for a waste free look! #WasteFreeWednesday,
- Compost and Mulch, Nature’s Waste to Nature’s Solution http://t.co/XxbRO74BoC,
- How much litter to tolerate? How much beauty do we desire? http://t.co/7cPru8CC2p,
- Send your pirates & princesses trick or treating with a pumpkin bucket, reusable tote or pillowcase. #WasteFreeWednesday,
- RT @EPAregion3: How many times a day do your kids interact with water? Blog: Healthy Water, Healthy Kids http://t.co/7zc7EA9t5j,