Your go-to resource for everything green in Hampton Roads!
askHRgreen.org is a public awareness program of the 17 cities and counties of Hampton Roads administered through the Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC), which encourages environmental stewardship among all residents here in southeastern Virginia. Members of askHRgreen.org include the cities of Chesapeake, Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg; the counties of Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Southampton, Surry and York; the town of Smithfield and the Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD). Find out more about askHRgreen.org.
"Posted on October 1, 2015 by Rebekah Eastep
We don’t need to tell you that there are some powerful storm systems moving their way into Hampton Roads over the next several days. It seems like a million years since we had a clear, fall day and Read more...
"Posted on September 21, 2015 by Guest Contributor
The 2015 Remodeling/Realtor Cost vs. Value Survey reports that typical replacement window projects cost homeowners between $11,198 and $17,422. When reselling their homes, the study says the owners ca Read more...
"Posted on September 10, 2015 by Rebekah Eastep
….Ric Bagtas! Ric and three friends will enjoy 18 holes of golf at Greenbrier Country Club on October 12th for the 2nd Annual Keep Hampton Roads Beautiful Golf Tournament. This prize pack includes Read more...
"Posted on September 9, 2015 by Rebekah Eastep
September 26th is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day! Proper disposal of medication is essential to ensuring clean waterways and safe, drug-free communities. As part of the National Prescription Read more...
- RT @cityofhampton: Beach Rd area #VAFloods #HRWeather #Joaquin http://t.co/4w64sLLT8n,
- RT @Daily_Press: High tide is here and the area around Poquoson Middle School is starting to feel the effects. http://t.co/PTSZzrJRsS,
- High tide is approaching tweet us w/ pictures of how #flooding is impacting your day! In #hrva we all have to learn to #LiveWithWater,
- RT @JohannaSomers1: Portsmouth: Water rising at Washington and High streets.@PilotPortsmouth @PilotNews http://t.co/a6JCiibzKV,
- RT @13VelmaScaife: High tide is rolling in fast this morning on Poquoson Ave in Poquoson. @13NewsNow http://t.co/ZZsTcN6Fvw,