Your go-to resource for everything green in Hampton Roads!
askHRgreen.org is a public awareness program of the 17 cities and counties of Hampton Roads administered through the Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC), which encourages environmental stewardship among all residents here in southeastern Virginia. Members of askHRgreen.org include the cities of Chesapeake, Franklin, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg; the counties of Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Southampton, Surry and York; the town of Smithfield and the Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD). Find out more about askHRgreen.org.
"Posted on March 27, 2015 by Rebekah Eastep
This Saturday, March 28th the world will go lights out for the 9th annual Earth Hour. Earth Hour challenges everyone across the world to shut off their lights for just one hour at 8:30 pm local time. Read more...
"Posted on March 25, 2015 by elizabethvaughn
There have been several fish kills in the area recently. And they may be your fault. It’s not fun to think that what you do on your own lawn may negatively affect the health and wellbeing of hundr Read more...
"Posted on March 24, 2015 by Guest Contributor
While supplies last, the Newport News Recovery Operations Center is offering their Nationally Certified Compost product at significant discount. The Compost Product offered is certified by the US Comp Read more...
"Posted on March 24, 2015 by Fleta Jackson
Stormwater ponds come in many shapes and sizes, but their job is always the same, to control water runoff and filter pollutants. Aside from their visual attractiveness, these ponds are really hard at Read more...
- RT @LRNow: VB osprey w/a #balloon around its leg! #bubblesnotballoons @EcoManiacCo @PilotNews @VAAquarium http://t.co/4TwLgN41xT http://t.co/eaQmATGIiK,
- Plant native plants and your local ecosystem will thank you http://t.co/sXm971M02w via @rvanews,
- Lights Out, Hampton Roads! http://t.co/KUBItqvTTa,
- RT @LRNow: #compost sale! Amend poor soil so you can #plantmoreplants! http://t.co/1LcUVltFlf @HRgreen @Growsomegood http://t.co/bpdNPBkJWe,
- Why Local Fish Kills May Be Your Fault http://t.co/dNXk8Zi8ig,