Expert guides will lead a variety of hikes to explore the park and identify as much of the plant and animal life as we can. All ages are welcome, children must be accompanied by an adult. Walking required, trails have uneven surfaces and minor elevation changes. Strollers are not recommended.
- Information Tables and Park Rangers at trailhead all day.
- 8:00am Birding Hike with Tony Wood, Cape Henry Audubon
- 9:30am Amphibians & Reptiles Hike with Dean Bohon and Mark Crofford, PR&T Volunteer Naturalists
- 11:00am Insects & Butterflies Hike with Dr. Deborah Waller and Jessie Beard, ODU
- 1:00pm Tree Hike with Byron Carmean, Virginia Big Trees
- 2:30pm Wildflower & Plants Hike with Jim Hartle, Tidewater Master Naturalists
Co-sponsored by the Friends of Indian River and the Chesapeake Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism. Activities start at the park trailhead entrance at Rokeby Ave. and Main St. (2001 Rokeby Ave.) which is located just south of Military Highway.
Want to help out? We need volunteers to help at the welcome station, help with the hikes, and to keep track of our wildlife sightings. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Indian River Park
2001 Rokeby Ave
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Friends of Indian River