Why Scoop the Poop?
Poop pollutes! Pet waste is high in bacteria and nitrogen. When it rains, pet waste is washed into storm drains and carried directly to local waterways. This pollution transforms the water into a cloudy, green, foul-smelling mess that lacks oxygen. What’s the end result? Aquatic dead zones in local waterways, beach closures, fishing restrictions and restrictions on eating local seafood.
Support Clean & Healthy Waterways. Take the Scoop the Poop Pledge Today!
I pledge to…
- Be a good environmental steward and neighbor by not looking the other way when it comes to pet waste.
- Scoop it, bag it and trash it each and every time whether in my own yard or out for a walk.
- Always take poop bags on walks with my pet – even if it means tying plastic grocery bags to the leash so I don’t forget.
- Share the importance of keeping pet waste out of our waterways with others in my community.
- Share the Scoop the Poop Pledge with other pet owners in my community.