GOOD TO DO
- Maintain your pool’s chemicals properly and avoid use of copper sulfate.
- Water should not appear murky, and Ph level should be between 6.5 and 8.5 before draining.
- Clean your pool or spa regularly. Maintain proper chlorine levels, water filtration and circulation.
- Before draining, let pool or spa water sit for several days without treating to allow chlorine to dissipate.
- Add sodium thiosulphate to break down chlorine faster.
- Always drain water to a grassy area rather than letting it flow directly into nearby storm drains.
- Same goes with pump filters — always clean over a grassy areas.