Time: 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Bring your old electronics, sensitive documents and household hazardous waste to be recycled at any one of our Chesapeake Recycles Day events!
- Saturday, March 11, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Tidewater Community College, 1428 Cedar Rd
- Saturday, April 22, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Southgate Shopping Plaza, 2307 Bainbridge Blvd
- Saturday, June 10, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., New Galilee Baptist Church, 1765 S Military Hwy
- Saturday, September 9, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Sam’s Club Western Branch, 2444 Chesapeake Sq Ring Rd
- Saturday, October 21, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Greenbrier Mall, 1401 Greenbrier Pkwy
- Saturday, November 18, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Tidewater Community College, 1428 Cedar Rd
What Can I Bring For Recycling?
Goodwill, SPSA, Shred-It and TFC Recycling are partnering with us to collect a wide variety of items at each of our events. In general, accepted items will include electronics, clothing, household items, household hazardous waste, and sensitive documents. Please view this detailed list of all the acceptable items.
What is NOT accepted?
We cannot accept tires or tube TVs (flat screens only). We only accept personal items, no business items (items brought in a business-labeled vehicle will not be accepted). For shredding we cannot accept magazines, books, CDs, disks or any non-sensitive documents (junk mail, blank envelopes, etc). Please also note the following disposal limitations:
- Household Hazardous Waste: 5 gallons of liquid or 75 pounds of solid waste
- Shredding: 3 copy paper boxes or 3 paper grocery bags