Naturally Newport News School Cleanup Challenge
Purpose: to engage students in Litter Awareness and Prevention through an established procedure and series of processes.
Goal: To promote litter awareness, stewardship practices and watershed management among students, faculty and staff of local Newport News Public School facilities.
This 2018 annual event coincides with Keep America Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup and projects can be completed between March 21st and June 10th 2018.
- Establish a team.
- Student Leader
- Faculty Sponsor
- Identify the school property to be surveyed.
- Challenge other clubs and schools at the same grade level to participate.
- Organize an initial Clean Up date
- Gather materials Contact our Community Maintenance office for more information
- Data Sheets (see attached Data Sheet master)
- Safety vests (If needed)
- Pick Up grabbers
- Conduct Clean up using the Ocean Conservancy Data Collection Form
- Collect and collate data.
- Spread sheets work fine
- Forward data to Newport News Naturally office at the numbers listed below or email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Any Questions or needed resources, please contact Darrell Baskin at 757-570-5505 or Dan Baxter at 757-886-7612
Sunday, June 10, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Naturally Newport News