BayScapes make beautiful landscapes.
The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service offers a lot of information about BayScapes.
What is a BayScape? Simply, a BayScape is a beautiful landscape, planted and maintained to benefit people, the local environment and the Chesapeake Bay.
A BayScaped landscape is beneficial for the environment and uses native plants to:
• provide habitat for local and migratory animals
• improve water quality
• reduce the need for chemical pesticides and herbicides
A BayScape also is valuable for the gardener or landowner because it:
• offers greater visual interest than lawn alone
• reduces the time and expense of mowing, watering, fertilizing and treating lawn and garden areas
• can address areas with problems such as erosion, poor soils, steep slopes or poor drainage